Melbourne’s Top Foodie Experiences (with Bananalab)
Since discovering Bananalab we’ve been eagerly searching through their website to decide on their best foodie offerings, and we think we’ve finally nailed it with this list of our top picks below. (Disclaimer: I might have been a little loose with the term Melbourne – let’s say Melbourne and surroundings. I promise, you can do them all in a day trip or less).
- Food and Wine Journey with Epicurean Tours – This one has to be a must for any Melburnian (or visitor). Check out 4-5 of the Yarra Valley’s best wineries, enjoy a two course lunch and a cheese and wine pairing. Take home your own bottle of Chardonnay or Pinot Noir and 2 Reidel glasses, and best of all, transfers from the CBD are included so you can can enjoy sampling the wines without having to debate on who will be the designated driver.
2. Trio of Treat by Humble Dumpling – This one is pretty amazing, with three separate half day workshops. You’ll enjoy a private tour of an Asian grocery tour, helping you navigate the maze of ingredients so you’ll know exactly what to choose when you want to recreate dishes at home. You’ll then join a group for the dumpling and Asian street food workshops, getting a deeper understanding of how to cook some delicious Asian dishes.
3..Private Truffle Hunting with food by Black Cat Truffle – Enjoy a private Truffle hunt for you and a guest, around the 20 peaceful acres of Black Cat Cottage. Helped out by expert Truffle hunter dogs Ella and Harry, this amazing experience also includes a glass of champagne, a regional tasting platter and a $30 voucher to purchase one of their many products.
3.Thai Cooking Experience by Foodie Trails – Leanne will taking you on a journey of all the punchy, vibrant flavours of Thai food in this cooking class. Learn how to carefully balance all those spices with sweet, sour and tangy flavours to concoct the perfect Thai meal.
5. Private Cooking Experience with La Cucina di Sandra – Take away a full set of recipes and cooking tips in this private Italian cooking experience for you and a friend. Enjoy an appetiser, entree, main course and dessert while you hone your Italian cooking skills and learn more about this important foodie culture. If that’s not enough to tempt you, there’s a complementary bottle of Prosecco included too!
6.Chef’s table at The Social Project – The Social Project’s founder chef, environmentalist and social entrepreneur Ben McMenamin will personally deliver some of the dishes to your table during this incredible 5 course meal. He will also take the time to describe the stories behind the meal to you and your guests.
7. Sausage Making Masterclass by The Artisan’s Bottega – Sausage making isn’t one of those experiences that jump out as something on a bucket list, but as soon as we saw this one, we thought it was a must try. Maurice will demonstrate the simple joys of sausage making from scratch for you. You will learn the finer details of this ancient craft, making your own sausages to take home. Afterwards, enjoy a feast of freshly made sausages with some fresh bread and a glass of wine!
8. Coffee lovers walk by Walk Melbourne – Coffee has to be one of Melbourne’s great loves, and this walking tour will take you around the CBD trying 4 of the best cups of coffee Melbourne has to offer. As well as getting to learn more about the crop-to-cup journey of your coffee, you get to explore some of Melbourne’s best known laneways and arcades on the way.
Check out all these and many more on Bananalab’s website, and keep your eyes peeled for some more exclusive recommendations from us coming soon!