Melbourne Best Pannacotta:
First in our series of “Best of’s” are Melbourne’s top pannacotta:
5. Oreo Pannacotta, The Tamper Trap, Brighton:
In fifth place are the new guys over at The Tamper Trap, Brighton. We loved the chocolate shards, subtle flavour and cheeky hidden Oreo in this Oreo pannacotta dish. It’s a sweet one, but there’s enough crunchy granola and fruit to make you feel like you’re not being too naughty. The pannacotta is quite small too, so you won’t be overwhelmed. Be sure to check out our full review of The Tamper Trap.
4. Taro Pannacotta, Syndicate Room, Sandringham:
Another relative newcomer is the Taro Pannacotta from Sandringham’s Syndicate Room. As well as the gorgeous plating, it’s one of the most generous granola serves and filling panna dishes we’ve enjoyed. We also liked how they’re daring to be different with the taro flavour. Be sure to read our full review of Syndicate Room.
3. Pink! (Rosewater Pannacotta), Turquoise Eatery, Caulfield:
Turquoise Eatery’s Pink! is pretty as a picture, and this rosewater yoghurt pannacotta is yum too! It’s a delicate dish – slightly more dessert than breakfast food, but the pannacotta is smooth and creamy and it’s light flavour leaves you hanging for one more mouthful. Oh and did I already mention it’s beautiful? Be sure to read our full review of Turquoise Eatery.
2. Real Rose Pannacotta, Two Young Boys, Greensborough:
Easing into second place are the unlikely heroes at Two Young Boys in Greensborough (yes, Greensborough, who knew?). Their real rose pannacotta had the perfect wobble, and flavour to match. With house blend granola and plenty of fresh fruit to offset the rich panna, it’s a faultless, filling dish. Make sure you check out our full review of Two Young Boys.
1. Nutella Pannacotta, Penta, Elsternwick:
1. If you hadn’t already guessed it, it’s those guys who helped put panna on the map over at Penta who win our hearts for Melbourne’s best pannacotta. Their nutella pannacotta is the ultimate indulgent brunch. I’ve eaten it so many times, and it is consistently perfect. The banana nut butter sushi alone is to die for, but when combined with that luxurious panna and those toasted marshmallows, this dish is sheer perfection! Make sure you check out our full review of Penta.
Mango and Saffron Pannacotta, Tinker Northcote (unfortunately, this dish lacks the consistency to make the list. Get this on a good day and it’s easily top 3!)
Golden Gaytime Pannacotta Bentwood Fitzroy (this one just swung a little too on the chocolatey side for us).
Dragonfruit Pannacotta Legacy Camberwell (this is a great dish, but just got nudged out of the top 5 by those creative guys at The Tamper Trap).
Do you feel your cafe’s pannacotta should have made the list? Let us know at email@example.com and we’ll arrange to come for a visit.
Disclaimer: Cafes regularly change their menus, and while we aim to update this list as often as possible we can’t guarantee the availability of items. Please contact the cafes directly to confirm any details before visiting.